Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bookaholic

I should not go to bookstores. Just like alcoholics should not visit the beer tent at the carnival. I'm a bookaholic. I've known it for awhile now. I own over a thousand books. The walls of my apartment are lined with bookcases and my brother refuses to help me move again unless I get rid of at least half of them. I spend more on books in a week than I do on food, and then I end up eating Ramen noodles because I can't afford to buy real food. I buy more books than I read. I feel the most relaxed when I am surrounded by books, they are my best friends. Today I went to Borders to buy one specific book. I ended up with nine books, and I had to force myself to leave before I picked up anymore. I'm not sure that this is an addiction that I want to give up. I can think of worse. But, since I have heard that the first step is acknowledging that you have a problem, my name is BookGirlR and I'm a bookaholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment