Thursday, September 6, 2018

Web Shifter Countdown & Readalong

 

      I found out a few weeks ago that Julie E. Czerneda has a new book coming out.  This new book, called Search Image, is part of new series set in the same world as her Web Shifters series and features the same main characters.  The Web Shifters series was one of my first forays into science fiction, and has been one of my favorites since I picked up a copy of Beholder's Eye in 1999.  I was scrolling through NetGalley looking for books to request for review (even though I'm so far behind that it's going to take years to catch up) when I saw it.  What it was didn't register at first.  I thought the cover looked interesting.  Then I noticed it was by Julie E Czerneda and anything by her is an automatic read for me.  So I requested it, and continued on.  I still didn't really realize that this new book required a jumping up and down level of excitement.  It wasn't until I was approved for the e-arc and was adding it to my blog planner that I realized it was a new Web Shifters novel.  My heart started to race.  I squealed loudly.  I jumped up and down. Now that I think about it, I really should bake some cookies for my downstairs neighbor.



     I was home alone, so I immediately texted SuperSteve and told him my exciting news.  He was happy for me; but, having not read the books, he doesn't really understand.  I decided that I wanted to do something to help build up the anticipation for other readers. So I've decided to do a quick readalong of the Web Shifters series leading up to the release of Search Image on October 2nd.  Thankfully they are fairly quick reads, so I think that those of us who read a lot can make this work.  So, whether you have read the Web Shifters series before or not, please join me each Tuesday on BookGirl's BookNook Facebook Page for a discussion of the Web Shifters series including the novella The Only Thing to Fear which was released September 4th (we will discuss the new novel Search Image on Saturday October 6th to allow everyone a chance to at least buy and start reading it), schedule posted below.  I haven't decided what format the discussion will take, but am leaning toward a combination of LIVE videos and a discussion post.  Let me know if you have other ideas for the best way to have a book discussion on the internet.  The timing of the discussions are to be determined as they will have to be based on my work schedule.  The schedule of the discussions is posted below and I will update the times as I get my schedule for each week, I will also post a review of each book on the Tuesday it is to be discussed and that post will also let you know what time we will be having the discussion.  I hope to see many of you there!







Tuesday September 11, 2018: Beholder's Eye, Web Shifters #1; discussion at 8pm EST



Tuesday September 18, 2018: Changing Vision, Web Shifters #2; discussion at 8pm EST



Tuesday September 25, 2018: Hidden in Sight, Web Shifters #3; discussion at 8pm EST



Tuesday October 2, 2018: The Only Thing to Fear, Web Shifter Novella; discussion at 8pm EST



Saturday October 6, 2018: Search Image, Web Shifter's Library #1; discussion at 2pm EST 

All discussions will be on BookGirl's BookNook Facebook page.

6 comments:

  1. Would it be okay if I followed along? This is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! This comment also excited me so much I jumped up and down. I really need to bake my downstairs neighbors some cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just picked up Beholder's eye at the library! Finished the book club book already. Need to keep busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s so exciting! I hope you love it as much as I do.

      Delete
  4. I've read and reread this series so many times, my copies are getting a little worn, but they are still one of the best series out there. I love everything Julie writes but this one is super special. I'm glad that she is adding more to this set. Yipee!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My copies are pretty worn out too. :-). I hope you will join us for some, or all, of the discussions!

      Delete