Tuesday, July 16, 2019

What Are You Reading?

Happy Tuesday every one!  It got up to 90 degrees here today, and we don't have air conditioning.  That never stops me from reading, though.  I think the only thing that ever stopped me from reading was two years ago when I scratched my cornea and wasn't allowed to read for several days.  The heat does make it uncomfortable to sit in front of the computer however, so here is a quickie post about what I'm reading right now.


The books I have currently in progress are:



Harmony by Lilith Saintcrow
     This came out May 28, 2019 but I just found it a few days ago.  I'm really into the folk horror genre right now, and I'm hoping that this will fit into that category.



The Toll by Cherie Priest
     This came out July 9, 2019.  I'm about halfway through it right now.  Cherie Priest is really good at gothic and weird horror, aka: Lovecraftian horror.  If you haven't read her work before I highly recommend her novel Maplecroft.



Wilder Girls by Rory Power
     This one also came out on July 9, 2019.  I just discovered it today and after reading the description just had to download it right away.  This appears to be an apocalypse by plague novel that mainly takes place at a girls school on an island.  What's not to love?


Look for reviews of these novels in upcoming posts.  What are you reading on this scorching hot Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment