Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I Don’t Always Feel Like Cooking

I’m a good cook, and I enjoy cooking. But I don’t always feel like cooking. We try not to buy takeaway more than once per week, so that means I have to come up with something for dinner even when I don’t feel like it. Every week when I grocery shop I grab something easy with this in mind. Usually it’s marinated chicken breasts from Wegmans, and premade mashed potatoes. I bake the chicken breasts in the oven about 25 minutes and the potatoes cook in the microwave for about 6 minutes. Then I add in a tossed salad or a vegetable like broccoli or carrots that I can toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven at the same time as the chicken. It’s easy. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes. And I still made dinner.   I feel better after eating it than I would if we ordered takeaway, and I have the emotional satisfaction of knowing that I cooked dinner. 

What do you do for an easy dinner when you don’t feel like cooking but don’t want to order takeaway?

No comments:

Post a Comment