Monday, July 11, 2011

Hounded - Review



Title: Hounded
Author: Kevin Hearne
Series: The Iron Druid Chronicles #01


Synopsis: “Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old – when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.
“Unfortunately, a very angry Celtic god wants that sword, and he’s hounded Atticus for centuries. Now the determined deity has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power – plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, his vampire and werewolf team of attorneys, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good old-fashioned luck of the Irish – to kick some Celtic arse and deliver himself from evil.”



Review: This was an enjoyable read. Atticus is smart, sweet, sarcastic and sexy. I want his dog Oberon, who is a simple and loyal friend. In Hounded Atticus uses his wits and his charming personality to defeat a powerful enemy, proving that it’s not always greater strength that prevails. I loved the fact that Atticus owned his own shop. I dream of owning my own store someday and I enjoy reading about characters who own their own small shops. I kept wishing that Hearne would tell us more about Third Eye Books and Herbs because I thought it was fascinating!
I was slightly disappointed with Hounded, but only because this book reminded me a lot of Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files. That was a good thing and a bad thing. I love the Dresden Files, but when you read as much as I do you’re always on the lookout for something different. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about a smart and sexy hero and loves being drawn into the lives of characters in a witty and well-written novel.


Publisher: Del Rey
ISBN: 978-0345522474

If you like this book you may want to read:



Storm Front by Jim Butcher (Dresden Files book #01 – ISBN: 978-0451457813)



Hexed by Kevin Hearne (Iron Druid book #02 – ISBN: 978-0345522498)

No comments:

Post a Comment